Hola! I am so happy to meet you …
My name is Jersey Garcia and I am a communicator, positivity enthusiast, and wanna-be humorist who loves to help black and Latina women and couples, travel the human experience of relating from a space of honesty, happiness, and connectedness.
The people I serve often are experiencing one or several of the following:
- Distress from learning about or having had an affair outside their current relationship.
- Feeling sad and alone in their current relationship because they can’t remember the last time they shared any type of emotional or physical intimacy with their partner/spouse.
- Stressed, anxious, or “walking on eggshells” due to the constant arguments between themselves and their partner or a family member like their mother, adult child, or sibling.
- Unable to manage a recent break up/divorce/seperation, feeling like they can’t function fully due to all the overpowering emotions the loss has brought forth.
- Constantly feeling overpowered by a sense of guilt, embarrassment or disappointment in the way they are reacting or relating to those closest to them.
Having to manage so much distress can really make anyone emotionally and physically sick; heartbroken; and feeling hopeless, but I am here to tell you that change is possible, and you can get to feeling happier, emotionally stronger; and lighter sooner than you think.
Utilizing evidence based and scientifically proven therapeutic practices like cognitive behavioral therapy; solution focused based therapy; emotional freedom technique; mindfulness approaches; Family Systems interventions; and the Gottman Method, I support my clients in building their power by gaining a manageable control over their emotions, reactions, and mindset.
My services are provided in English or in Spanish. I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist; Family Mediator; Gottman Level 1 trained practicioner; and hold two Masters degree, one in Public Health with a concentration on Community Education and a Masters in Science, with a concentration on Family Therapy. My professional experience in the areas of wellness and mental health has led me to work with diverse populations, specifically in the areas of trauma; intra-family violence; post-traumatic stress disorder; HIV/AIDS; gay and transgender health; sexuality; families in crisis and addictions.
I am looking forward to helping you find the balance, peace of mind, and ease in your relationship with self and others that you have been yearning for a while, don’t wait anymore and call me. I am looking forward to meeting you soon…
Live life as if everything is rigged in your favor. – Rumi.
Call 954-378-5381 to schedule your appointment with me today